1. Operations Manager
July 1, 2019 Start Date
We are looking for an organized, friendly, and passionate individual to help run the day-to-day operations of Garden of Dreams. The operations manager will assist the Garden of Dreams Executive Director to effectively and efficiently run the administrative functions of the child care programs, in accordance with the Parent Handbook and Employee Policies and Procedures, in a joyful, caring and respectful manner. Functional areas of work include maintaining child records, personnel records, and accounting records; daily administrative and licensing operations; and facility and equipment purchasing and maintenance.
Description of Duties:
- Answer phones promptly, and provide great customer service while on the phone.
- Monitor individuals coming into the building. Kindly intercept visitors that haven’t checked in at the office to inquire about their business. Help visitors, including families, get to the individuals they need to work with.
- Assist families with sign-in and sign-out procedure at drop off and pick up.
- Maintain the general condition, operation, security, and upkeep of Garden of Dreams facilities.
- Maintain or coordinate the maintenance of the technology – software and equipment.
- Provide administrative support to classroom teachers as needed for classroom signs, decorations, learning tools, etc.
- Create and maintain communications such as brochures, flyers, and social media.
Enrollment and Child placement
- Assist with outreach and advertisements for childcare openings
- Maintain child records, both hard copy and electronic, organized and up to date, ensuring confidentiality where necessary, and compliance with licensing and Garden of Dreams policy.
- Maintain child classroom schedules and prepare weekly staff schedules, as determined by licensing ratios, staff availability, and agency policy. Arrange for substitute child caregivers when necessary.
- Assists with overseeing the care, safety, and well-being of all children at the center.
Business recordkeeping and compliance
- Monitor and assist with billing services outsourced to BC Shared Services Alliance;
- Prepare agency billings for any programs or grants not outsourced to BCSSA.
- Verify daily receipts and prepare bank deposits according to agency policy.
- Purchase supplies and equipment for food service, program, and administration, with approval, according to agency policy.
- Maintain personnel records for agency employees and volunteers in accordance with agency policy and licensing regulations.
- Maintain employee time records and prepare payroll submission for Executive Director approval.
- Work with accounting team to complete monthly financial information for board packets and other stakeholders.
- Assist Garden of Dreams Child Care Director with licensing, re-licensing, inspections, and other compliance.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive customer service attitude and good personal skills.
- Experience or training with various computer software and hardware configurations. including but not limited to Microsoft Office products, QuickBooks, EZCare.
- Experience or training working with children preferred.
- Ability to present and communicate ideas and concepts in public and private, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness to ensure the highest quality of work.
Application Process for All Roles
To apply, please email a cover letter telling us why you’re a great fit for the role you’re applying for, as well as an up-to-date resume. You must also submit our application, copied below. Materials should be addressed to Executive Director Andria Ryberg at email@example.com.