- Relief Squad (Substitute Teacher) – All Classrooms
Relief Squad (Substitute Teacher) – All Classrooms
We are seeking energetic and flexible individuals to serve as substitutes in our classrooms when teachers are absent. Substitutes sign up for shifts based on their availability, so this can work well people who love young children but also have other responsibilities, like parents, students, or those with other part-time jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with other classroom teachers to teach and inspire young children through interaction and play.
- Quickly establishing rapport with each child and promoting a positive classroom culture.
- Engage with children in all areas of the program and parts of the day.
- Assisting children with personal health care needs, including toileting and diapering.
- Interacting with parents and sharing daily reports about children.
- Other classroom duties as assigned by lead teachers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience and passion for working with young children and their parents
- High school diploma or GED
- Flexible schedule and ability to work on short notice
- Works successfully as a member of a team
- Ability to maintain a safe and secure learning environment
- Self-directedness and initiative when given a variety of tasks and responsibilities
- Frequently stand, walk, sit, talk or hear
- Regularly reach with hands and arms
- Regularly lift children, up to 40 pounds
- Occasionally climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Pay rate of $9.00 – $9.40 per hour, based on qualifications
- Part-time position, flexible schedule based on your availability, year-round
APPLY IMMEDIATELY – POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Garden of Dreams Community Preschool and Child Care is seeking passionate educators! Our mission at Garden of Dreams is to create a program rich in diversity through well-knit family involvement and community support. If you would like to be part of our work team, please apply today. Specific job descriptions are below and the application and submission instructions are on the right.
Please download the application here: Garden of Dreams Job Application
Complete the application and email to:
Garden of Dreams Community Preschool and Child Care
145 Capital Avenue NE
Battle Creek, MI 49017