- Family and Child Specialist, Toddler Room
- Lunchtime aide and substitute
1. Family and Child Specialist, Toddler Room
At Garden of Dreams, we strive to bring a high-quality early childhood learning experience to our community’s youngest learners. In our Toddler (Two-Year-Old) Classroom, we are seeking a full-time teacher specializing in relationship building, assessment, and lesson planning. Our Family and Child Specialist will adopt our mission and work purposefully to create a joyful educational environment for our students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director and Lead Teacher to individualize developmentally appropriate lessons for each student in the class using assessments based on the HighScope Curriculum Key Developmental Indicators and the ASQ.
- Establish and maintain strong lines of communication with the families of enrolled students.
- Build strong relationships with all students.
- Effectively communicate with other team members at regularly scheduled planning sessions and staff meetings in order to facilitate continuous improvement within Garden of Dreams.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Maintain a safe care-giving environment and ensure the well being and physical safety of all children in that environment.
- Be part of a team that establishes an overall atmosphere in the classroom that promotes feelings of security and trust between students and teachers.
- Adopt and fully engage with the Garden of Dreams philosophy. Honor and uphold the values of diversity, education, and community that we have worked hard to establish.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience and passion for working with Toddlers
- Strong communication skills, particularly with parents of students and fellow staff members.
- Consistent, reliable and accountable for day-to-day responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Work toward an Associate’s Degree in a child-related field, a CDA, or a High School Diploma with at least two years of child care experience is highly preferred
- Regularly lift children, up to 40 pounds.
- Pay rate of $10.50 – $11.50 per hour, based on qualifications
- Full-time position, year-round with consistent work schedule
- 20 days of paid time-off annually
- Supplemental health insurance
2. Lunchtime Aide and Substitute
We are seeking an energetic and flexible individual to serve as a substitutes in our classrooms when teachers are absent. Our classroom aides are an essential part of our teaching team, helping to create a joyful, educational environment for our students and supporting our full-time staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with other classroom teachers to teach and inspire young children through interaction and play.
- Quickly establishing rapport with each child and promoting a positive classroom culture.
- Engage with children in all areas of the program and parts of the day.
- Assisting children with personal health care needs, including toileting and diapering.
- Interacting with parents and sharing daily reports about children.
- Other classroom duties as assigned by lead teachers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience and passion for working with young children and their parents
- High school diploma or GED
- Flexible schedule and ability to work on short notice
- Works successfully as a member of a team
- Ability to maintain a safe and secure learning environment
- Self-directedness and initiative when given a variety of tasks and responsibilities
- Frequently stand, walk, sit, talk or hear
- Regularly reach with hands and arms
- Regularly lift children, up to 40 pounds
- Occasionally climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Pay rate of $10.00 – $10.40 per hour, based on qualifications
- 12:00pm – 5:30pm schedule preferred
- Part-time position, flexible schedule based on your availability, year-round
- Supplemental health insurance
APPLY IMMEDIATELY – POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Garden of Dreams Community Preschool and Child Care is seeking passionate educators! Our mission at Garden of Dreams is to create a program rich in diversity through well-knit family involvement and community support. If you would like to be part of our work team, please apply today. Specific job descriptions are below and the application and submission instructions are on the right.
Please download the application here: Garden of Dreams Job Application
Complete the application and email to:
Garden of Dreams Community Preschool and Child Care
145 Capital Avenue NE
Battle Creek, MI 49017