- Toddler Room Lead Teacher
1. Toddler Room Lead Teacher
We require an energetic and passionate lead teacher for our Toddler Classroom. You will work with a team of teachers in order to create a high-quality toddler experience for 8 children. Astonishing brain development happens during the early years and we are focused on creating a program that accelerates the development of these young learners. Our lead teacher is also responsible for ensuring we have strong communication and cooperation with all parents.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and implement weekly lesson plans using HighScope Curriculum
- Serve as primary caregiver for up to four children in the classroom.
- Perform and assist with daily bodily care needs for toddlers in the room including: diapering, toileting, feeding, handwashing, and tidying their appearances.
- Supervise and work with other Toddler Room staff to ensure a safe environment which adheres to all MI Licensing Rules and Regulations regarding Toddler care.
- Record children’s daily care tasks in classroom iPod to share with families.
- Record and share anecdotal notes daily on the development of each child.
- Nurture and maintain strong family communication and trust.
- Display a willingness to grow professionally through an understanding of best practices, cultural competency, curriculum implementation, and coaching.
- Attend and participate in center-wide activities to engage families and the community.
- Maintain a professional appearance and project the values and mission of Garden of Dreams at all times.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience and passion for working with young children and their parents
- Possess a CDA or associate’s degree in early childhood education or child development
- Works successfully as a member of a team
- Ability to maintain a safe and secure learning environment
- Self-directedness and initiative when given a variety of tasks and responsibilities
- Frequently stand, walk, sit, talk or hear
- Regularly reach with hands and arms
- Regularly lift children, up to 40 pounds
- Occasionally climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Pay rate of $11.75 – 12.50 per hour, based on qualifications
- 20 days of paid time off per year
APPLY IMMEDIATELY – POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Garden of Dreams Community Preschool and Child Care is seeking passionate educators! Our mission at Garden of Dreams is to create a program rich in diversity through well-knit family involvement and community support. If you would like to be part of our work team, please apply today. Specific job descriptions are below and the application and submission instructions are on the right.
Please download the application here: Garden of Dreams Job Application
Complete the application and email to:
Garden of Dreams Community Preschool and Child Care
145 Capital Avenue NE
Battle Creek, MI 49017